What time does the terminal building open?
The building is open from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The hours of restaurants and stores vary, but the earliest store is open from 6:30.
How far in advance should I go to the airport?
For domestic flights, just about one hour before your flight boards; for international flights coming two hours early is recommended. However, weather and traffic can affect travel times, so please allow for extra time.
Can I exchange money at the airport?
There is a Daishi Ginko bank branch in the first floor International Arrivals Lobby.
- Handling Money at the Window
- From Japanese yen to foreign currency (USD, CNY, KRW, EUR)
- From Japanese yen to traveler's check (USD, JPY)
- From foreign currency to Japanese yen (USD, CNY, KRW, EUR)
For business hours, please refer to the website of The Daishi Hokuetsu Bank, Ltd.
- Daishi Hokuetsu Bank Niigata Airport Branch
Is there a waiting room available for groups in the airport building?
We have the following paid waiting rooms available on the 2nd floor of the airport building.
- Paid waiting rooms 1 to 3 (each room has 38 seats and can be arranged for large, medium, and small groups)
- Paid waiting room 4 (17 seats)
- VIP room 1 (10 seats)
- VIP room 2 (12 seats)
- For more information
- please contact Niigata Airport Building
What items are prohibited from being brought onto planes?
What are the restrictions on liquids?
Liquids brought onto international flights departing from Japan have been restricted since March 1st, 2007. Liquids in accordance with the following guidelines are allowed on airplanes.
- Each liquid is limited to 100 ml.
- All liquids must fit in a 1 liter clear plastic bag with a resealable zipper.
- Each passenger is limited to only one bag of liquids.
※Medicine, baby food, baby milk, and restricted diet food are exempted from the restriction.
For details, please see the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism's "New Aviation Security Rules of Cabin Baggage applied to International Passenger Flights departing from Airports in Japan."
Can you keep my luggage at the airport?
Paid baggage lockers are available in the airport building, so please use them.
- Beside the domestic check-in lobby on the 1st floor (facility information 1st floor)
- 300 yen to 700 yen (depending on size)
I would like to send my luggage first and pick it up at the airport.
Please contact Yamato Transport Co., Ltd., at your nearest sales office or airport sales office for details.
- Yamato Transport Niigata Airport Office
Who should I contact if I lost something?
The contact for lost and dropped items depends on the location.
- If you lost something inside the airport building:
- Airport Building Information Desk
- If you lost something in the parking lot:
- Airport Environment Improvement Foundation, Niigata Office